Saturday, December 03, 2005

 
And now folks, the promises

Harper finally got some wanted attention this week on his promise to reduce the GST to 5%. Now that's something they can campaign on. That's the kinda chit that gets you elected while quietly avoiding same-sex marriage the rest of the campaign and I'm not all that sure I'd trot out private health care either but I guess they're gonna. What they've done this week is actually steal the Liberal promise to reduce waiting times by saying that if you wait "X" number of days for treatment then after that they'll force the province to somehow get you the treatment now or pay for the treatment elsewhere (the U.S.). Now the Liberal deal was that the feds would pay for it and this was to be in place by 2007. Harper has semi-successfully stolen the idea saying it's a done deal by 2006.

The Liberals have promised nothing but suddenly have big union on board in the form of Buzz Hargrove. Buzz wants you to vote Liberal where the NDP candidate doesn't stand a chance which is just about in every riding but Jack's potentially. It's my sneaking suspicion the Liberal Party machine is holding back on anything just yet because the electorate has a short memory. They'll be trotting out promises as we edge closer to election day. Well, it's either that or they got nothing which could be the case.

Don't be suprised to see the Conservative Edge ahead this coming week in public opinion polls (Was there ever a worse invention?) based on the GST promise alone.

Comments:
The Cons have come out swinging and definitely have teh libs on the ropes but as you said I doubt the big red machine is out for the count.

As far as slamming hte NDP I think they are going to do better than expected. The strategice voting scheme has gone on long enough.
 
What are your views on the sponsorship scandal? I know that in QC it has made and will have a big impact on the votes. I know the Liberals screwed us over, so that leaves me with the Bloc, who wants to separate, but also stands up for QC in the HOC. Dilemmas, dilemmas,....
 
I think the sponsorship scandle was carried out by a few select folks and I doubt it could be tied to Paul Martin directly. I honestly can't see him being that stupid.

I'd consider voting for an Ontario party who wanted to seperate but there would be a conflict with my job. That's the danger, that a seperation would mean the end of our jobs so it's purely a financial consideration LOL. Well, and that would affect my family. But Ontario being a "Have" province would be huge trouble if it seperated.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?