Wednesday, November 30, 2005

 
Gay Marriage Redux

First day out and Harper trots out the Gay Marriage Issue? You've got to wonder who he's got working for advisors behind the scenes dontcha? I just don't understand it at all. I mean, I know they're all outta touch but this is beyond stupid if you're trying to win this election and you do this right out of the gate?

I think I miss Preston Manning believe it or not. Anyone can say what they like about Reform but Preston was smart while the supporting cast of characters elected with him were doughheads (That now make up most of the Conservative Party?). I seem to recall that someone tried to bring up Abortion Rights as a scare tactic in an election where Preston was leader but he was too smart to bite. It's early but if Harper keeps flogging this dead issue they have no chance whatsoever. They'll scare away anyone with any common sense and indeed any common sense of decency. This is a Liberal government that shouldn't stand a chance and yet. I'll say it again, holding my nose and voting Liberal, there is no credible alternative whatsoever.

Comments:
Hey... you are right. Who else do you vote for? I was once a Conservative but there aren't any left in that party anyways so I am actually hoping for a Liberal MAJORITY so we can shut the whole lot of them up for a while.
Sam
 
I woke up this morning, saw the gay marriage headline and conceded the election, as Harper should now do. There is absolutely no way I would ever vote Liberal, but a Liberal majority is now the best thing that can come out of this election. Maybe then some actual work can be done in Parliament.
 
"Are you better off than you were 12 years ago when the Liberals first came to power?" I am. Easy to vote for them again.
 
I think the Gay Marriage thing will definitely do more harm than good for Harper and the CPC but after this week of campaigning I thin the Libs need some major damage control.

As for Manning you are kidding right? I think the CPC definitely needs to emphasize the fiscal conservatives not the social ones. Where is McKay?
 
Good question, where is McKay, invisible ... on purpose? I wasn't kidding about Manning, honest ...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?