Wednesday, April 06, 2005

 
The Pope Dies

I won't bore you with a link to a story about it. Millions of people converge on Rome to see the body, millions or perhaps a billion or more will watch the funeral on TV. I did see this poll at metro news asking what did you do to mourn the death of John Paul. I take minor consolation in that 66% didn't do anything and that's leading the race 'cause well, it just seems like a pop culture event but nothing more to me. I just didn't really care other than it's the loss of life. I felt much more for the 5 that recently died in Ottawa in an apartment blaze in Chinatown here. Listening to the neighbours and friends of the family on CBC radio this morning was quite sad.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?