Sunday, January 02, 2005

 
God Takes a Holiday

Tsunami Death Toll 140,000 and counting as of January 2nd. If it's possible and you can stop to think about what actually occured it's an amazing display of the force of earth's nature. Hundreds if not thousands died in Somolia, a country 4800 kilometres away from the undersea quake's epicentre. That's a huge distance away, about a drive to Florida and back again for me living in Ottawa. And it should escape no-one's attention, especially Christians, that this occured during the Christmas season. I wonder if, in the aftermath of some American evangelist(pick one, any one), this will be a message from gawd to the sinners of the world or some other such nonense. I can only think that if you believe in gawd that he was on vacation last week perhaps. Or worse, he doesn't actually care anyway which to me would be the only conclusion I could come up with.

"What if God exists but he doesn't really like people very much?" Jeremy in Eleanor Rigby

Comments:
I think trying to pin this on God is a little too old testament for me.

A devastating natural disaster for sure, the hand of God wping out sinnners... doubtful.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?