Wednesday, January 15, 2003

 
Raelian's Revisited

Well, at least that's what their hoping anyway. Sayyyy, they're still getting all kinds of press though eh. In our local newspaper today the local Raelian muckety muck tells us all about how he came to believe in the "movement". In the story, the lapsed Catholic picked up Rael's book and felt the teachings it contained made more sense to him than the teachings of the church he knew. In perhaps a telling quote, "I've got peace. Now I can sleep, because I know where I came from, and I know what will happen when I die." Therein lies perhaps the reason to believe in any religion if it helps.

But again I supposed it's easy to think of these folks as "wacky" and I think most of us do. However, that would fly in the face of respecting people's religious beliefs though doesn't it? That is indeed a question I've personally struggled with. I mean would you of sound mind consider this Raelian movement even remotely plausible? Are we in fact descended from aliens who planted the seed of their DNA on our planet? Or are we in fact put here by some all-knowing invisible wizard in the sky? These stories are starting to converge for me eh.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?