Friday, January 24, 2003

 
I'd Like to Thank My Lord and Savior For this Blog

Well it's coming up on SuperBowl Sunday and it's a foregone conclusion that some athelete will thank god or jesus like they've someone interejected on his behalf to help his team win the game. This is by no means peculiar to football, it's available at the end of baseball and basketball games too. I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds it laughable that professional atheletes use an ESPN soapbox to highlight their faith. Do these guys honestly believe that a higher power had something to do with the winning touchdown, homerun, or basket? It's like the opposing team must have been composed of all heathens and god was on the other team's side. But that is indeed something rare, imagine if Joe Smith on the winning team thanked almighty satan, I wonder what would happen then? I wonder if the President would answer the phone call the next day? This Sunday, keep your eye on the prayer circle ... or was that the huddle? It's getting harder to tell the difference.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?