Wednesday, September 11, 2002

 
September 11th

They say that one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. The only caveat to that is muslim extremists are by no means fighting for freedom as we understand the concept. If anything they would be fighting for their religious beliefs for which we pose a threat. Our very ideals of what constitutes a free and democratic society are at odds with the muslim religion and hence many goverments as I stated in the last entry below.

Ah hell, I can't get into some of that today. My thoughts are jumbled at best and I'd like to take this time to not only remember those that died on 9/11 but all those who die unjustly for quasi-religious causes. I wanted to update a previous entry here on a girl in Edmonton who fought for her religious beliefs and refused the blood transfusions she needed to stay alive. Her Dad split from the church and fought to keep her alive and force her to take them. She died in a city clinic last week, her Dad was kept away and not allowed to see her. I find this so very sad and I think it exemplifies the harm we can do with the religious indoctrination of our children. I'll go so far as to draw a complete parallel to the muslim extremists who brought down the buildings with planes and continue to thrive throughout the world.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?