Saturday, August 03, 2002

 
Popestock

It's been a week now but hundreds of thousands of the young and deluded converged on Toronto last week to hold mass with the Pope. Some of the deluded where using the throng of people as proof of the truth of Jesus etc. I even read of some Catholics taking issue with polls and stats indicated that most Catholics don't agree with the churches stance on issue like birth control, or gay rights. Some seem to think that all Catholics or those whom profess to be Catholic are bound by the church's word and that all Catholics don't practice birth control. Now that's seriously deluded. I don't consider it much more deluded than the Catholics themselves whom do practice something like birth control (which an obviously large percentage do) and yet wouldn't consider themselves in breach of Catholicism yet the leaders of the same church most certainly do. It certainly is ironic that some profess to believe in something and yet disobey the very leaders like it's some sort of democracy. I've got news for you, it isn't and your not. Does this make you a horrible person doomed to hell. Well, I'll leave that up to you. I wouldn't think so but then the very religion you say you believe in would most certainly have an issue with it dontchathink?

So Can You Know God?

I've still recieved no useful commentary on the whole question. I sent the notion out to a few but the only thing I got back from at least one was that it was more or less a waste of time to discuss it with me. I then got directed to some sermons online of which I listened to the first so far. The minister stated that man cannot understand spiritual truth while at the same time was telling the flock about spiritual truth. Again the irony was too much to take. This man had the courage to state that intellectual curiosity is often used to cover up a moral problem. So to question it then is indicative of a lapse in moral judgement I guess. He then went on to say that human reason unaided cannot grasp the truth. Ummmm, errrrrr, so then .... ummm, errrr, how is it then that anyone would know? But of course, anyone who wasn't a believer was also lost and in need of guidance back to god. I would like to conclude that the opposite is indeed true ... a lack of intellectual curiosity is often used to cover up denial.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?