Wednesday, February 06, 2002

 
Lots of people do derive great comfort from religion. I think it feeds a need to believe in something. Sometimes it would be to ease a fear of dieing or just to believe that this isn't honestly all there is. And I'm convinced that there's untold millions who would believe anything at all no matter how far fetched.

So who's ever seen Miss Cleo on TV? She's one of these call in psychics and the gentlemen that owns this particular one (not sure how many others) is a multimillionaire. So obviously he's gotten rich knowing what I just mentioned, the need for people to believe in anything at all. I find myself saddened by this truth and I think everyone should be. There's more on Cleo there too, she's being sued by several folks for false advertising amongst other things. The funny part is Miss Cleo is really an actress hired to present the image out front. Obviously she couldn't answer the thousands of calls and there's a whole switchboard full of people who offer up psychic readings to the gullible. I'm begining to thing the gullible number way more than we'd like to imagine. Next up, The Mormons

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?