Saturday, February 23, 2002

 
I obviously can't prove god's non-existence nor am I set out to do so. If I remember my highschool science I don't think you can prove a negative assumption, I believe you set out to prove a positive assumption and how likely it is to be true. This would imply that the burden of proof really lies with theists no? Ahhh, but then, I've been told by many it's not an assertion of fact, it's one of faith. They are sure that god exists yes, but if so, why would you need faith? This is absurd by the definition of faith. Anyway, what I'm set out to do here is to show how unlikely it is that god exists, and given the facts of science etc, it's highly unlikely. So here's some basic questions for the theists then:

1. It's often said that the deceased are in a better place, that god called them home, well, why then aren't all Christians in a much bigger hurry to get there?

2. There are so many problems with an omnipotent and all-knowing god do I really need to ask the hundreds of questions this implies? This alone shows the absurdity of it all. For example, if god wishes to be known, why can't he just show everyone? What is god's plan? How many times have you heard, it's god's will? Wouldn't he know in advance so how can there be any planning involved? And if god knows, what's the point in praying, it's already in the plan. And further to events like 09/11, why are we after BIn Laden anyway, wasn't this part of god's plan? didn't he send them to a better place?

3. I've already touched upon how a loving god can be so cruel, here's another that's been said many times before I ... if god could help Moses part the Red Sea, why didn't he open the gates to the concentration camps?

4. Does anyone actually believe that Noah put 2 kinds of every animal on an Ark while god flooded and killed everyone else? What did he do with all the ummmm, errrr, well, crap so to speak? What did the carnivorous animals eat?

5. I'll reiterate the prayer option there from above, what's the point in prayer? How can a finite being here on earth tell anything to an all-knowing, omnipotent deity that he/she doesn't know already?

6. My favorite and one of the things that actually started me on this path ... did Adam and Eve have navels?

If anyone has some answers I'm all ears?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?