Saturday, January 26, 2002

 
Opus TV Critic

I'll try not to go on and on about how Buffy is the best show on TV okay? But it's hard not too LOL. Anyway, the new year has been marred by reruns so far but there's a new ep this week. Also, if I've ever gotten you even mildly interested the SPACE channel here in Canada reruns the show weeknights at 8pm. Beginning this Monday, January 28th they will be starting all over again with Season 1.

I'm not one to watch awards shows much but I did hear some griping over the winners of some Golden Globes recently. I was aghast at reading that Charlie Sheen had won best comedic actor on tv. Egads, anyone ever watch Spin City and see how wooden he and Locklear are compared to the rest of the cast? I admit to not watching very many shows anymore due to the time contraints of family and whatever. I tape everything I want to watch and go from there. I know Frasier has grown a little long in the tooth but really ... we think that Kelsey Grammar is Frasier, we know that David Hyde Pierce is Niles, and we're sure in our minds that John Mahoney is Martin Crane. I think to convince an audience that they are the characters they portray is surely a sign of great acting.

I also want to get a plug in for Who's Line is it Anyway . I'm constantly amazed at the talent and intelligence it must take to do improv. Alot of people are on the Wayne Brady train as the most talented of the 3 regulars but really, they're all equally adept at different parts of the show and on any given episode you'll have to watch your bladder control.

Last but not least, here in Canada, The Man Show is on tonight at 9:30. That's Saturdays on the Comedy Network. I can pretty much guarantee that your wife or girlfriend is gonna hate the show ... but you'll nod knowingly my friends. There's some clips floating around the Internet featuring The Man Show Boy which are classic bits of comedy. Him trying to buy beer, him selling beer at a stand, and the kid trying to pick up girls in a park ... hilarious.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?